United States, Deceased Physician File (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: The majority of the records in this collection are from 1864-1968. However you may find a few records for as early as 1804.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: Most missing records are available on microfilm. See Ordering Microfilm or Microfiche for instructions on ordering microfilm as well as finding a local FamilySearch Center where you can view the films.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can they be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and their respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Film 2115923 Walter, Francis - West, Olin is missing online. It actually contains two sets of records for “Walter, Francis T - Walters, Eugene and Welker, Franklin - West, Olin.”
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. Is there a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The following list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range that actually exist in this collection:
- Weil, William - Walter, Eyer actually contains records for Weil, William - Welker, Anthony J, and Wallace, William Lewis - Walter, Eyer.
- Walker, Benjamin Ulysses - Walton, Roy Atkinson actually contains records for Walker, Benjamin Ulysses - Wallace, William Jones, and Walters, Floyd Ernest - Walton, Roy Atkinson.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: United States, Deceased Physician File (AMA), 1864-1968 > Babcock, Raymond Arthur-Barker, Benjamin Ward > Image 1376 of 2712.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the United States, Deceased Physician File (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the United States Deceased Physician File (AMA), 1864-1968 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 26 February 2015, at 17:48.
- This page has been accessed 379 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News