United States, Mormon Battalion Pension Applications (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
Question #1: There are multiple search results for each name. For example, Albert Smith has 61 results.
Each search result for the same name has a different document attached to it. For example, the first search result to Albert Smith is linked to the first document in the pension file; the second occurrence of the search result is linked to the second document in the pension, and so forth.
Answer #1: The United States, Mormon Battalion Pension Applications, 1846-1923 collection was created in partnership with fold3.com. The free indexes are available on www.familysearch.org and the images can be found at fold3.com for a minimal charge. They can also be viewed at FamilySearch Centers without charge.
There are two ways for viewing images at fold3.com.
- Use the right arrow key to access the different documents attached to the same name. For example: There are 61 entries for Albert Smith - which means there are 61 separate documents.
- In the fold3.com viewer, click on the name of the veteran searched (see under "You are viewing" on upper screen). The next screen on the right-hand side shows thumbnails of all the documents for that name.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the United States, Mormon Battalion Pension Applications (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the United States, Mormon Battalion Pension Applications, 1846-1923 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 12 February 2015, at 02:34.
- This page has been accessed 482 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More