United States. United-States - Land and Property- Land MeasurementsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The following terms are familiar terms to describe land:
Acre 10 square chains or 160 rods, or 43,560 square feet or 4840 square yards
640 acres 1 square mile
Chain 66 feet or 4 rods or 100 links
Foot 12 inches
Link 7.92 inches
Mile 80 chains or 320 rods or 5280 feet
Mile (square) 640 acres
Perch 1 rod or pole
Pole 1 rod or perch
Rod 16 1/2 feet or 1/4 chain or 25 links or 198 inches. Also equal to 1 perch or 1 pole
Rod (square) 272 1/4 square feet
Vara 33 inches
Yard 3 feet or 36 inches
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. "Land and Property." United States Research Outline. Salt Lake City, Utah: Intellectual Reserve, Inc., 1988, 2002.
- Styx, Sherrie A., Chicago Ward Maps 1837-1970, FHL US/CAN 977.311 E7s.
- Class entitled "Overview of Land Records" by Mary E. V. Hill .
- This page was last modified on 14 September 2011, at 00:14.
- This page has been accessed 2,836 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News