United States Census, 1820 (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: To determine which digital records are likely to be found within a collection or to find missing images, see, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records (56000).
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can the records be viewed?
Answer #1: See answers below for information about known missing records and respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Mississippi > Franklin > Not Stated is missing the first 12 images which can be found in Mississippi > Amite > Not Stated > Images 6-18.
- Mississippi > Amite > Not Stated is missing the first 11 images which can be found in Mississippi > Adams > Not Stated > Images 18-28.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (browse point) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. How can I determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer #2: The list of known browse point discrepancies describes the event type or year range existing in the collection:
- Mississippi > Adams > Not Stated > Images 8-17 are for Adams. However, Images 18--28 should be located in Amite > Not Stated as the first 11 images.
- Mississippi > Amite > Not Stated > Images 1-5 include the second set of images for Amite. However, Images 6-18 should be located in Franklin > Not Stated.
Question #3: The record detail page is linked to the wrong image. How can I find the correct image?
Answer #3: From the record detail page, use either the Event Place, Page or Film Number information, or a combination of any of the search criteria, to find the correct image by clicking the right or left scroll arrow.
If additional problems are encountered with the collection, you can report them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If searching the collection: please include the name of the collection, and all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing the collection: please include the full browse path you used to get to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the image viewer window. For example: United States Census, 1820 > 004093901 > Image 73 of 292.
- For technical issues: please include operating system and browser version.
Return to the United States Census, 1820 (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the United States Census, 1820 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 24 August 2015, at 02:50.
- This page has been accessed 910 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News