Upper Hutt New Zealand Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Upper Hutt Family History Centre services the greater area of Upper Hutt and Hutt City, New Zealand
What We Do
- Provide Research Help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources.
- Provide Training. We can provide individual training as required, please ask at the reception desk on your next visit.
- Manage Files. We can recommend programs to help you store and organise your research. We can assist you to manage your data files.
Centre Contacts and Hours
Address: 28 Turon Crescent, Totara Park, Upper Hutt
Location & Map: The Family History Centre is located in the southern end of the Upper Hutt LDS Chapel. Carparking is in close proximity to the entrance. Map To location.
Phone +64 4 526 4259
Open Hours: Wednesdays: 6:00p.m. to 9:00 p.m
Saturdays: 1st & 3rd Saturdays from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Calendar and Events
MASH a stake event happening in our local branch and wards, throughout 2015. We hope these events will help with temple submissions and other areas of your research. Check out your unit notice boards for detailed information.
Roots Tech Feb 2015, Search online for details.
Staff Training Meetings
This centre has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.Film Ordering: :
This centre has a small collection of "how to" reference books,
research guides and maps to aid you in your genealogy quest.
We have a collection of microfiche and film kept at this centre, while it
may be dated, some prefer to use this media.
However with more and more records is going online, it will be a matter of time before our collection is removed from use.
Databases and Software :*FHC Portal
This centre has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the centre to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
Staff Research Specialties
We are lucky to have a member of the New Zealand Genealogical Society as a community consultant, with an interest in English research and a wealth of knowledge and experience in other areas of family research. He welcomes your enquiries.
Resources in the Local Area
The library has the following resources available to Patrons:
- New Zealand Marriage Index (1840-1980)
- New Zealand Birth Index (1840-1980)
- New Zealand Death Index (1848-1980)
- New Zealand Maori Births, Deaths & Marriages (1913-1960)
- "Lyttelton Times" Marriages Notices (1851-1880)
- Wellington, Wills at Land & Deeds (1833-1910)
- 'NZ Gazette" Deceased Estates (1866-1900)
- New Zealand Probates Index (Pre-1900)
- Canterbury Death Duty Registers Index (1867-1914)
- Canterbury Deceased Persons Estates (1887-1914)
- Roll of Honour (1840-1902) - Defenders of the Empire Resident in N.Z.
- New Zealand Shipping Companry Register (1875-1893)
- Patrick Hendrson Shipping Col Lists (1871-1880) - Index of Ships: Index of Passengers
- Port of Wellington Entry (1856-1887) - Passenger Index Shipping to New Zealand (1839-1889) - Comber Index (in chronological order of departure)
- Passenger Lists Victoria, Australia Outwards to NZ Ports (1852- 1870). Alphabetical List of Passengers
- Women on first NZ Electoral Roll (1893)
- Index to New Zealand Electoral Roll (1881)
- Sheep Ownders Returns (1879, 1880, 1881,190, 1900 and 1901)
- Return of Freeholdrs of New Zealand (1882)
- Public Service Appointments (1912-1927)
- Auckland Provincial Highway Districts Assessment Rolls (1863-1870)
- Bankruptcies in New Zealand (1881-1940)
- Bankruptcies in Canterbury, New Zealand (1863-188)
- National Register of Archives & Manuscripts in New Zealand -National Library of NZ
- NZ Electoral Rolls (1922)
The Cole-Jensen Collection
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your centre such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your centre is located.) === Volunteer at the Centre === (Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 6 March 2015, at 20:04.
- This page has been accessed 1,956 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News