User:Batsondl/SandboxEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
How do I start my family history?
Create your own tree
- Create a tree online - Choose the option "Fill in Online Version," and it will guide you through the steps of entering your Family Tree online.
Tips on filling out your own tree:
- Go through any documents and pictures you may already have.
- Ask other family members for information about your ancestors, such has an older relatives.
- About linking to information already entered.
- Information in family trees are not always correct and need to be verified and sourced.
See what’s available online about your family
Below is a list of major genealogy websites containing trees that may contain your ancestors. Before searching these websites, review these tips to help improve your success in locating ancestors:
- It is important to double check information you find on a family tree online. It can contain incorrect information.
- Some of these websites require you to start a family tree in the website to search for your ancestors. The benefit is linking these individuals to your tree.
- Many family trees now have record hinting features that will lead you to records that maybe for your ancestor.
List of websites with Trees
- FamilySearch - Family Tree - You must obtain a free login to view Family Tree
- Ancestry - Public Trees - $
- MyHeritage - Family Trees - $
- WikiTree - Free
- This page was last modified on 20 July 2015, at 17:55.
- This page has been accessed 3,271 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News