User:Cottrells/Sandbox/SidebarEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Join a Community of England Researchers! Ask questions, help others, and share your research successes on Facebook and/or Skype! NEW!
- Search strategies for finding births, marriages, and deaths.
- England counties list (with their Chapman Code abbreviations)
- England Record Selection Table
- English Script Tutorial
- Finding records of your ancestors - England 1837 to 1901
- England Websites
- England Genealogical Discussion Groups
- The Workhouse
- A genealogical survey of the peerage of Britain as well as the royal families of Europe thepeerage.com/
Click on a county to go to that county's page:
Error: image is invalid or non-existent
Or select a link below:
Have you ever wondered about one of your English ancestors, perhaps your great grandpa? Do you know when or where he was living, or perhaps the place and date of his birth? Your curiosity about him motivates you to want to know more. Do you know where to start to find information?
Start by asking your relatives what they remember about him. Write down what you learn. Some family stories are based in fact and should be considered. Perhaps you will only have an approximate time and place. The Beginner’s Corner links to information that will help you get started. Choose from one of the following:
- I want to find a birth, christening or baptism.
- I want to find a marriage.
- I want to find a death or burial.
- I want to know about how my family lived.
- New: Family History Library England Beginning Research Series is now available online. Click here to access this course.
- Beginners Guide 1837 to 1901:
- Browse by topic: All pages for England
- Article: Birth-baptism intervals for family historians
- World Conference on Records: Success in the pursuit of genealogy is dependent on many factors, but especially four, according to Sir Anthony Wagner. Read more...
- Database of British Jews: The Knowles Collection Last updated Jan 2010, now with over 75,000 entries.
Ideas for Finding Compiled Information on English Ancestry
Here's an article titled "A Checklist of Compiled Sources & Where to Find Them" that's specifically geared toward researchers who seek to learn of already compiled genealogical data on (i.e. immigrant) ancestry from England.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2014, at 15:33.
- This page has been accessed 255 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback