User:Dhooper13Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Delmarva Genealogy Associates - Debbie Hooper
Specializing in Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia's Eastern Shore
My love of genealogy began as a child listening to the tales told by my grandparents and great-aunts and great-uncles. I began researching my family history almost 30 years ago. After having raised a family, I devoted all of my spare time to genealogical research for my own family and friends. I began taking paying clients in 2008 and began my quest for more genealogical methodology knowledge that same year.
- Boston University, Center for Professional Education, Genealogical Research Program, 2010
- ProGen Study Group 4, completed April 2011
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy:
Advanced Genealogical Methods, 2011
- Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research:
Intermediate Genealogy and Historical Studies, 2010
Advanced Methodology and Evidence Analysis, 2011
Research in the South, Part I, 2012
- National Genealogical Society Conference, 2009-2010, 2012
- Numerous local and regional conferences
Research Facilities Used:
- National Archives and Records Administration, Washington, DC
- Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Maryland State Archives, Annapolis, Maryland
- Maryland Historical Society, Baltimore, Maryland
- Enoch Pratt Free Library, Baltimore, Maryland
- Edward H. Nabb Research Center for Delmarva History and Culture at Salisbury University, Salisbury, Maryland
- Blackwell Library, Salisbury University, Salisbury, Maryland
- Upper Shore Genealogical Society Library, Greensboro, Maryland
- Caroline County Public Library, Maryland Room, Denton, Maryland
- Talbot County Free Library, Maryland Room, Easton, Maryland
- Worcester County Public Library, Maryland Room, Snow Hill, Maryland
- Delaware Public Archives, Dover, Delaware
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Berks County Genealogical Society, Reading, Pennsylvania
- Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia
- Eastern Shore Public Library, Accomack, Virginia
- New Jersey State Archives, Newark, New Jersey
- Birmingham Public Library, Birmingham, Alabama
- Samford University Library, Birmingham, Alabama
- Numerous county courthouses in Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia
Caroline County, Maryland 1850 Census (Westminster, MD: Family Line Publications, 1992).
Abstracts of Chancery Court Records of Maryland, 1669-1782 (Westminster, MD: Family Line Publications, 1996).
Caroline County, Maryland Marriage References, 1774-1850 (Lewes, DE: Colonial Roots, 2009)
Kent County, Delaware Marriage References and Family Relationships, 1650-1800
- Association of Professional Genealogists
- National Genealogical Society
- Maryland Genealogical Society
- Delaware Genealogical Society
- Delaware Representative for Global_Alliance_of_Genealogy_Professionals
Delmarva Genealogy Associates is a registered, licensed business in the state of Delaware.
- This page was last modified on 22 July 2012, at 21:53.
- This page has been accessed 390 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More