User:Evancol/Sandbox/WikiProject/CemeteriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to STATE* Wiki Project Main Page
Add links to online cemetery records for each of the counties in STATE*.
Click to jump to a step:
- Step 1: Prepare the county Wiki page
- Step 2: Copy the Templates for the Cemeteries area
- Step 3: Finish the Find A Grave information
Step 1: Prepare the county Wiki page
In this step, you will see if anything has been added to the Cemeteries section of the county.
- If nothing has been added, go to Step 2.
- If there is something already in the Cemeteries section, you will make room for the new info you will be adding.
Here's what to do to make room for new information:
Step 2: Copy the Templates for the Cemeteries area
In this step, you will copy, then paste templates to the county under the "Cemeteries" heading. Here's how:
Step 3: Finish the Find A Grave information
In this step, you will edit the link to Find A Grave to match the county you are working on. Here's how:
To finish before project is ready for volunteers
- USGenWeb tombstone project for STATE*. usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Cemeteries for STATE* -- google search for Utah Cemeteries
- COUNTY* Epodunk gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to a map and more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- Sign Up Chart
Volunteers are needed to check all counties, adding items as appropriate. Please place four tildes (~~~~) in the "Volunteer" column next to the counties you choose for this task. This will automatically give your username and the date you signed up.
INSERT COUNTY CHECKLIST
- This page was last modified on 26 June 2012, at 16:59.
- This page has been accessed 66 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News