User:HardestyPN/Sandbox Births 1931 to 1969Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Births between 1931 to 1969
Step ONE: Find the birth in the Index
- 1853-1969 West Virginia, Births Index, 1853–1969 at Ancestry.com
|If you can’t find your individual, try the following:|
- If you did not get results, type in less information about the person. Try only search for the first and last name of the person.
- If you have too many hits, try adding information including approximate birth date and the county
- Try a different index. Different indexes use different search parameters and your ancestor may be located in one but not the other.
Step TWO: Obtain the Certificate
Persons born within the last 100 years:
To obtain a copy of the birth certificate for those born within the last 100 years, you must be:
- The person on the certificate
- The parents and grandparents of person on the certificate
- The wife or husband of the person on the certificate
- The children and grandchildren of the person on the certificate
- The brothers or sisters of the person on the certificate
- Anyone who has legal interest in the certificate
A copy of the birth record cannot be obtained by anyone else until after 100 years from the date of the birth.
Order a copy of the birth certificate from the Vital Registration office.
If you do not know the exact date of death:
For a fee, the Vital Registration office will do a 3 year search.
If the Birth was before 1931 or after 1969
- This page was last modified on 31 January 2013, at 23:14.
- This page has been accessed 124 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More