User:HardestyPN/Sandbox Births 1931 to 1969Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Births between 1931 to 1969
Step ONE: Find the birth in the Index
- 1853-1969 West Virginia, Births Index, 1853–1969 at Ancestry.com
|If you can’t find your individual, try the following:|
- If you did not get results, type in less information about the person. Try only search for the first and last name of the person.
- If you have too many hits, try adding information including approximate birth date and the county
- Try a different index. Different indexes use different search parameters and your ancestor may be located in one but not the other.
Step TWO: Obtain the Certificate
Persons born within the last 100 years:
To obtain a copy of the birth certificate for those born within the last 100 years, you must be:
- The person on the certificate
- The parents and grandparents of person on the certificate
- The wife or husband of the person on the certificate
- The children and grandchildren of the person on the certificate
- The brothers or sisters of the person on the certificate
- Anyone who has legal interest in the certificate
A copy of the birth record cannot be obtained by anyone else until after 100 years from the date of the birth.
Order a copy of the birth certificate from the Vital Registration office.
If you do not know the exact date of death:
For a fee, the Vital Registration office will do a 3 year search.
If the Birth was before 1931 or after 1969
- This page was last modified on 31 January 2013, at 23:14.
- This page has been accessed 91 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback