User:McbridelwEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Lisa is a native of Colorado, but spent most of her youth in the Chicago-land area. After five years in Mesa, Arizona, she moved to Utah in 1981. She completed her degree at BYU in Business Management in 2002, graduating with her youngest daughter.
Lisa is accredited in Mid-South states genealogy, with an emphasis on Tennessee ancestors. Her experience includes military research in Revolutionary War, War of 1812 and Civil War records. Confederate records are her specialty. She has researched extensively at the Tennessee State Library and Archives and also has experience at the Library of Virginia. She is an employee of FamilySearch, working with family history center director services. She also serves on the FamilySearch Wiki Governance Council.
Lisa enjoys teaching and has presented patron classes at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, the 2013 National Genealogical Society Family History Conference, and most recently at RootsTech Conferences, and the BYU and Ogden Conferences. She currently functions as the ICAPGen Corresponding Secretary and as a DUP Camp President. She taught piano for 42 years, and enjoys travel, gardening, and cooking.
Most of her own ancestors came directly from England to the Midwest United States in the 1840’s. In addition she has a New England Mayflower line, a Pennsylvania Dutch line, and a line of English South Africans. Her husband’s family is all US Colonial lines tracing to Virginia, the Carolinas and Maryland. She is actively involved as a FamilySearch indexer, and as a contributor to the FamilySearch Wiki. She and her husband have a large family with 8 children, their spouses, and 17 grandchildren.
- Bachelors: General Studies, Business Management Emphasis (2002)
- Brigham Young University
- Family History Certificate (2006)
- Brigham Young University
Accredited as a professional genealogist in Mid-South States.
ICAPGEN, Salt Lake City, UT
- US/Canada Research Consultant, Family History Library: November 2010-present
- US/Canada Temporary Research Consultant, Family History Library: April 2007-October 2010
- Family History Instructor, Layton, Utah, Kayscreek Family History Center: 2006-present
- Private Client Research: 2006-present
- FamilySearch Wiki mentor and State Project page coordinator, US and Canada
- UGA Conference Committee: 2007-2009
- ICAPGen Correspondence Secretary 2012-
- Admin for the Facebook West Virginia and Canada Genealogy Research Communities
Lecturer and Presenter at the following locations:
- National Genealogical Society Family History Conference: 2013, Las Vegas
- Family History Library, Salt Lake City 2011–present
- Ogden Regional Family History Conference: 2009, 2013
- Layton Kayscreek Stake: 2006-present
- Mexican Border Crossings
- U.S. Immigration 1820-1950
- Canadian Immigration Records
- Organizing Your Files
- Using Online Resources
- Basic U.S. Research
- Introduction to FamilySearch Indexing
- Introduction to U.S. Census Records
- Lucinda Elam: a Mid-Tennessee Case Study 1836–1903
- Deep in the Heart of Texas: Molly Gibson Case Study 1841–1910
- Family History Library Favorites
- Basic Canadian Research
- Border Crossings: Canada and Mexico
- Finding Your Ancestors in the South when Vital Records are Missing
- 2014 BYU Conference, Ogden Conference --Tips for Expanding your Family Tree
- 2014 BYU Conference -- Passing Through or Putting Down Roots: Finding your Tennessee Cousins
- 2014 (Aug) Salt Lake Ensign Stake – He Loves Them Everyone: Bringing Souls unto Christ through Family History
- 2014 Ogden Conference 2014 -- What Can the Research Wiki do for You
- 2014 RootsTech -- Family History Center Services: Directors, Lend Me Your Ear!
- 2015 RootsTech – What We Learned From the Worldwide 2014 Discovery Experience Pilot Program
Cheatham County Tennessee Historical and Genealogical Association Ashland City, TN
Middle Tennessee Genealogical Society Nashville, TN
National Genealogical Society Arlington, VA
Northern Gila County Genealogical Society Payson, AZ
Robertson County Tennessee Historical Society Springfield, TN
Utah Genealogical Association, Salt Lake City, UT
Wiki Project Pages
WikiProject Ohio Team lead
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 18:30.
- This page has been accessed 4,509 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News