User:PmanfrediEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Paola Manfredi was born in Naples, Italy from an Italian father and a Swedish mother. While growing up she learned to appreciate the culture and the language from both countries as her own. She is currently, a professional genealogist specializing in Italian research - the only Italian to have obtained both a degree from Brigham Young University in Provo, UT, in Family History Genealogy and the Accreditation from ICAPgen in Salt Lake City, UT. Her first involvement with the genealogy world was when, as a returned missionary, she started working for the Genealogical Society of Utah microfilming records at States Archives in Italy. From that first impact with original records her interest for learning more about the history of the people in the records steadily grew. She has now more than twenty years of experience in family history which includes, besides microfilming original records in Italy and in England, researching original records in repositories all across Italy, teaching French and Italian research classes at BYU, presenting at conferences in the US and in Italy, and participating in managing record acquisition in Italy for Ancestry. She started working at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City in 2011 as a research consultant and the same year she completed a series of 34 presentations all across Italy, from North to South including the islands of Sardinia and Sicily.
- Family History - Genealogy BA Brigham Young University (BYU), Provo, Utah, 1999
- Post graduate History classes at BYU, 2002-2004
LANGUAGES AND SKILLS
Fluent in English, Italian, and Swedish; reading French and Spanish. Researching, reading and translating old handwritten records from Latin, Italian, and French.
Accredited Genealogist with ICAPGen, current
- BYU, Family History Internship Scholarship in Italian archives, 1998
- BYU Scholarships, 1996-1999
- PHI ALPHA THETA - Historical honor society, 1998
- Presenting at genealogical conferences in the US and in Italy since 1998
- Supporting POINT (Pursuing Our Italian Names Together) Conferences since the first one held in Las Vegas in 1998
- Researching Italian records since 1985
- This page was last modified on 27 January 2012, at 21:48.
- This page has been accessed 551 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News