User:RitcheyMT/Community Center design 1Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
[These are the top things we want the community to notice when they arrive. Each of these items will be set off with an image that metaphorically represents the item.]
- Give Back -- Learn to edit wiki pages. Then find writing projects and support projects that need help. [Add top-requested areas link.] [Image: hands holding seedling?]
- Meet and Talk -- Ask questions, give advice, and discuss ideas via meetings and forums.[Image: hands shaking, people talking, ?.]
- See What's New -- Read the latest at the Community News Stand or see a summary of current discussions.[Image: newspaper?]
- Thank Others -- Recognize others for their contributions to the wiki and other community ventures.[Image: trophy, blue ribbon, ?.]
- Share Successes -- Share stories about when the wiki helped you find an ancestor. [Image: ?]
Community Leaders of the Month
[This is a strawman of types of contributors we could recognize.]
- Scribes (Quality award winners: bronze, silver, gold awards for articles that achieve defined quality standards). [Image: trophy or blue ribbon.]
- Heavy Lifter (Top wiki contributor by character volume.)
- Mole Whacker (top wiki contributor by number of edits.) [Image: muscle flex.]
- Pony Express Rider (for highest number of forum posts).
- Catalyst (by number of registered wiki users that have the recruiter's "contributors recruited or trained by Joe Shmoe" category on their user page).
- Barn Raisers (For most active project team measured by edit volume in characters on pages that have a specific project category on them): Texas WikiProject Team
- This page was last modified on 28 March 2012, at 21:51.
- This page has been accessed 1,122 times.