User:ScangenEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Kim Melchior was born and raised in Denmark and has had a life-long passion for genealogy/history. He did genealogical research in Denmark, before moving to Utah in 1981.
- Kim volunteered in the Scandinavian Reference Area of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City until a position as Reference Assistant became available. He transferred from the Reference Unit into the Collection Development Unit where his job was to help develop the Scandinavian Collection at the Family History Library.
- Kim now does research on a full-time basis.
- He became accredited in Danish research through the Family History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in 1982 and in Swedish research in 1986. The accreditation program was discontinued by the Family History Library in 2000, but is now administered by the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen), and he is on their list of Accredited Genealogists.
- Kim has conducted a number of workshops on Scandinavian research.
- He has also written articles and compiled books of genealogical nature. Kim has access to all records in Salt Lake City for Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland and has many research contacts in the old countries, who have access to some of the records that are not currently available in Utah.
- Kim has done research on location in many archives throughout Denmark, from the smaller local archive through the Regional Archives and to the National Archives in Copenhagen. Kim has located obscure records in Denmark and compiled and published books with some of this little known material and thereby made it available to the greater public.
- APG (Association of Professional Genealogists)
- DIS-Danmark, DIS-Sverige, DIS-Norge
- The Danish Genealogical society "Bornholms Slægts- og Lokalhistoriske Forening"
- The Swedish Genealogical Society: "Kronobergs Genealogiska Forening."
- Scandinavian representative for Global Alliance of Genealogy Professionals
- Phone: 435-531-6767
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Skypename: kim.e.melchior
- This page was last modified on 20 July 2012, at 23:50.
- This page has been accessed 411 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More