User group meeting & agenda 11 November 2008Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Proposing ideas for this agenda
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Prayer --
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
- Bug fixed: When linking from one wiki page to another, you can now search for the destination page.
- Wacky happening: Cut and paste (even cut and paste of links!) now works in Firefox!
Carryover from Last Week
- A bug regarding the editing of redirected pages (Jimmy). (See Gary Turner's forum post.)
- Pictures of temples in the wiki. (Jimmy & Michael) (See Hawaii)
- Do we need to make the call for authors and moderators more prominent? (Michael)
Facilitator was Ritcheymt, Note taker was Jimmy B. Parker, Time keeper was Fran Jensen.
Prayer by Michael Ritchey
This week, there are now 5,381 registered users of the FamilySearch Wiki. That is an increase of 87 new registered users over the last week.
Fran Jensen, David Samuelson, David Crowther, Kip Enger, Susan Guthrie, James Anderson, Diane Loosle, Michael Ritchey, Sister Felsted, Jimmy Parker, Jim Greene, Mollie Forbes, Yuri Tijerino, Anne Roach
(Anne Roach), (Mollie), Thomas Lerman
- Minutes of the meeting from last week were reviewed by Michael Ritchey. The two problems reported in last week's meeting -- the difficulty in toggling between Wikitext and FCK Editor and the search box for internal links to existing Wiki pages -- have been fixed by correcting a singleline of code in the program. The difficulty was finding that line of code. Apparently, those two reported problems are working correctly now.
- Michael reported that Semantic Wiki is moving forward and will be introduced for testing by the Users Group as soon as possible.
- Michael reported that cut and paste was working properly in Firefox, but when he tried to demo it, it did not work.
- A problem in editing a redirected page was reported. Two or three controbutors had reported the same problem. However, when it was demonstrated, the edits worked as it should. This problem needs additional research and to be vetted on the forums. It will be revisited in a later meeting.
- The questions was raised concerning the placing of pictures of our temples on the Wiki. It is the desire of our corporate sponsors that they not be placed on the site except under exceptional conditions, and especially not on portal pages.
- The subject of making the invitation to contribute to the Wiki more prominent on the main page was introduced. It was suggested that we may want to wait until the Semantic Wiki is in place before we invite more contributors, so they don't have to learn two programs.
- Send a tech support message on the bracket problem in catalog URLs, as reported in an earlier meeting.
- Michael -- Add instruction on when or if it is appropriate to add pictures of LDS temples to the Wiki under "what not to put on the site."
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 02:02.
- This page has been accessed 905 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News