User group meeting agenda & minutes 19 Mar 2008Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Proposing ideas for this agenda
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper, note taker, and facilitator
- Introduction of members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Today's agenda preview
- Where we'll look for initial ideas to cover (feedback page and agenda discussion page)
- Where to propose items for next agenda
|Key Issues||Possible Solutions|
Changes over time/
|"See also"||Show multiple jurisdictions||Helpful templates/infoboxes|
Overlapping or competing Jurisdictions
|Use all jurisdictions||Good detail on jurisdictions||Pick different models for different regions of the world|
|Same place, different names||List alternative locations on page||Multiple articles|
Material applies to many or all places
|Categories||Copy and Paste||Hyperlinks in the text|
How do we establish/encourage
|Business rules for default places||Pick current/local||Pick an authority||Solid policy|
|Geo-political controversy||Divert to a discussion page||NPOV||Refer to a policy|
System constraints: Case sensitive searches
|Topical Synonyms||"See also"||Re-direct||Disambiguity|
Facilitator was [Add name here], Note taker was [Add name here], Time keeper was [Add name here].
- This page was last modified on 22 April 2010, at 10:05.
- This page has been accessed 838 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More