User group meeting agenda 26 May 2009Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Proposing ideas for this agenda
To propose or discuss ideas for this agenda, please use the Discussion tab above. As the meeting draws near, we will review the items proposed on the Discussions page and decide which ones should get highest priority on the agenda.
- Assignment of time keeper and note taker
- Introduction of new members: 10 seconds for name and desired takeaways.
- Review of Minutes
- Today's agenda preview
- Check out the great work being done on the Indians of Oklahoma page. Way to go, Jbparker, Healeyje, and company!
- Ethnic-specific pages are being developed by some users. Check out what G Fröberg Morris is doing with Swedish American.
- Blogging on a wiki? Well kinda. And it's cool! Go to the News section of Germany and click the link to Baerbel's column.
Welcoming Geocities contributors
See the discussion page behind last week's agenda for information James Anderson found on the number of genealogy pages on Geocities.
Somehow that link never got in that I thought was there. Here's the link:
Registration required to see References
Has the problem been solved to allow unregistered users to see them? dsammy 21:05, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
What steps should be taken to resolve this problem? dsammy 21:08, 19 May 2009 (UTC)
Wiki Home Page Does not Represent Wiki Well
The home page (welcome page) is not particularly attractive or impressive. Most of the country home pages are impressive. The main, home, welcome page is frankly, boring and unimpressive. It also does not provide phone numbers for FamilySearch Support (Indexing Support, Research Support, FHC Support, Product Support, nFS Support). Nor could I find those phone numbers in Wiki (perhaps they are there and I missed them). The phone numbers (North America and International) are located in nFS Help Center but that is unavailable to many people needing assistance.
Ellisgj 16:26, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
One problem - the phone numbers you used are for specific groups within Family History Department and scattered world-wide. Not all are united. Some of the support have no knowledge of others. The Wiki group is very small right now compared to the rest for the very simple reason - the FSWiki is still relative new and much of the Wiki still have not been more developed yet. dsammy 20:21, 24 May 2009 (UTC)
Manual of Style consensus item
Falling back items (unfinished)
Please refer to last week meeting agenda's for the items. dsammy 18:21, 26 May 2009 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 21:30.
- This page has been accessed 762 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News