Valencia California Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Interested in genealogy? Are you seeking information about your roots? Want to know where you came from? Who your great-great-great-great grandfather was? You can start or continue your ancestry search without charge, at the Valencia Family History Center. Established in 1978, it is open to the public 45 hours each week. Its all-volunteer staff of research experts assisted interested patrons who made more than 2,300 visits to the center during the 2013 year. In addition to providing personal assistance, the center’s equipment include computers with free access to premium websites, microfilm and microfiche readers, printers, scanners, and a book library. For 24-hour recorded information or to speak with someone at the Center, call 661-259-1347.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 24443 McBean Pkwy Valencia California 91355 United States
- Tuesday:9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Wednesday:9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Thursday:9:00am-5:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
2015 Holiday Schedule- Closed: Presidents Day Feb 16, Memorial Day May 25, Independence Day Jul 4, Labor Day Sep 7, Thanksgiving Nov 25 & 26, Christmas Dec 24-Jan 4.
Calendar and Events
Family History Center Seminar Schedule for 2015
Seminars are free to the general public. All dates shown are Thursday - Instruction from 7:00pm to 8:00 pm
April 2, 2015
Seminar: "Adding Photos to Your Family Tree Can Help you Discover Your Ancestors"
Discription: Learn how to Upload, Lable, Discribe, and Tag your photos on Family Tree and how it can help you find more ancestors" (Presenter: Max and Karen Moffitt - Live Presentation)
April 16, 2015
Seminar: "What's New at FamilySearch!"
Description:What are the latest tools from FamilySearch, and how do I use them? Come learn how to navigate familysearch.org and use the four main tabs at the top of the website. It's never been easier!. (Presenter: Devin Ashby - RootsTech video)
May 7, 2015
Seminar: "FamilySearch Indexing: It's a Whole New World!"
Description: Scott Flinders, the FamilySearch indexing product manager, will give an overview of the powerful new features and volunteer opportunities in the new indexing program as well as a sneak peek at even more exciting features that are in the works. (Presenter: Scott Flenders - RootsTech video)
May 21, 2015
Seminar: "Map My Ancestors"
Description: There are thousands of historical maps that can help trace and plot your ancestors. Many of these maps have been digitized and are freely available online. This presentation covers some databases and websites where people can access these maps. (Presenter: A.C. Ivory - RootsTech video)
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 26 March 2015, at 05:55.
- This page has been accessed 4,284 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More