Victory, VermontEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Victory was chartered on September 6, 1781 by the Vermont Legislature.
In 1970 there were only 42 residents, but eighty years earlier the place had been rather busy. Heavily timbered, it had been a magnet for the lumbermen; later, large quantities of potatoes were grown for starch and alchohol. In its heyday, there were seven villages, three post offices, five schools, six lumber mills, a starch factory, a granite quarry, four railroad stations and a hotel, plus various boarding houses for the factory and mill workers. Today, there are only a few more people than forty years ago. The population at the 2010 US Census was 62.
FamilySearch Historical Records Collection has Vermont birth, death, and marriage records online.
The probate district for Victory is Essex.
Essex Probate Court
Island Pond, VT 05846
Phone: (802) 723-4770
The following is a list of major cemeteries in present-day Victory. For location of all cemeteries, see Cemeteries of Vermont, Essex County, website at this link.
- Shores Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Victory Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
- Victory Hill Cemetery - inscriptions at Find A Grave site.
The Family History Library has microfilm of original records from the Victory Town Clerk's Office. These include Records of births, marriages, and deaths, v. A-B, 1857-1882; indexes to births, deaths, marriages, 1856-1968.
Victory Town Clerk
102 Radar Road
Box 609 North Concord, VT 05858
Phone: (802) 328-2400
Libraries and Historical Societies
Northeast Kingdom Genealogy - Genealogy resources for towns in the counties of Essex, Orleans and Caledonia.
- ↑ About Victory, Vermont - http://www.virtualvermont.com/towns/victory.html#about
- ↑ Victory, Vermont - http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~vermont/EssexVictory.html
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:39.
- This page has been accessed 675 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News