Virginia's Eubank's-Taylor's BatteryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in March 1862.
- It was assigned to the 12th Battalion Virginia Artillery, but became an independent company in August 1862.
- The unit served in S. D. Lee's, E. P. Alexander's, and F. Huger's Battalion, and fought with the Army of Northern Virginia from Second Manassas to Cold Harbor except when it was detached to Georgia and Knoxville with Longstreet. However, the unit was not involved in the Battle of Chickamauga.
- It participated in the defense of Petersburg and ended the war at Appomattox.
- Of the 90 men engaged at Gettysburg, fifteen percent were disabled.
- On April 9, 1865, it was included in the surrender.
- Captains John L. Eubank and Osmond B. Taylor were in command.
- Wise Battery made up some of the men in this company.
- This page was last modified on 2 November 2010, at 21:23.
- This page has been accessed 538 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News