Virginia's Fluvanna Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Formed in November, 1862, by consolidating Holman's-Huckstep's and Cocke's-Ancell's Batteries.
- The unit served in W. Nelson's Battalion and fought with the Army of Northern Virginia from Fredericksburg to Cold Harbor.
- Later it moved with Early to the Shenandoah Valley and was active around Appomattox.
- Twelve percent of the 90 men engaged at Gettysburg were disabled and at the surrender in April, 1865, none were present.
- Captains were John L. Massie and Charles G. Snead.
- AKA - Huckstep's Company, Virginia Light Artillery
- Organized by the consolidation of the Fluvanna Artillery No. 1 and No. 2 batteries on October 4, 1862.
- AKA - Snead's Company, Virginia Light Artillery
- This page was last modified on 14 November 2010, at 21:50.
- This page has been accessed 381 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More