Virginia's Goochland Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in May, 1861, with men recruited in Goochland County.
- Serving in western Virginia it fought at Carnifax Ferry, then moved to Tennessee. Here the company was captured at Fort Donelson in February, 1862
- When exchanged, it returned to Virginia and was assigned to the Department of Richmond.
- The battery served as heavy artillery at Chaffin's Bluff until February, 1864, when it was converted to infantry.
- During March or April the unit was broken up.
- Captains John H. Guy and Jonathan Talley were in command.
- This page was last modified on 2 November 2010, at 21:43.
- This page has been accessed 302 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More