Virginia's Letcher Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized at Richmond, Virginia, during the winter of 1861-1862.
- It was assigned to R. L. Walker's and W. J. Pegram's Battalion of Artillery, Army of Northern Virginia.
- The battery participated in many conflicts from the Seven Days' Battles to Cold Harbor, then was involved in the operations against Petersburg and the Appomattox Campaign.
- It reported 19 casualties during the Seven Days' Battles, lost twenty-six percent of the 65 engaged at Gettysburg, and had 2 officers and 66 men present for duty in April, 1864.
- Only 2 men surrendered on April 9, 1865.
- Captains Thomas A. Brander and Greenlee Davidson were in command.
- AKA - Brander's Company, Virginia Light Artillery
- This page was last modified on 2 November 2010, at 22:05.
- This page has been accessed 507 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News