Virginia's Lunenberg Heavy ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in January 1862, and became Company F of the 2nd Regiment Virginia Artillery.
- When this command was broken up, the battery continued to serve as an independent unit.
- It was assigned to the Department of Richmond and for a time was stationed at Chaffin's Bluff.
- Early in 1864 it was converted to infantry and surrendered 17 men at Appomattox.
- Commanded by Captains Cornelius T. Allen and Samuel W. Hawthorne.
- AKA - Allen's Company, Virginia Heavy Artillery
- This page was last modified on 3 November 2010, at 14:30.
- This page has been accessed 127 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback