Virginia's Lunenberg Heavy ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in January 1862, and became Company F of the 2nd Regiment Virginia Artillery.
- When this command was broken up, the battery continued to serve as an independent unit.
- It was assigned to the Department of Richmond and for a time was stationed at Chaffin's Bluff.
- Early in 1864 it was converted to infantry and surrendered 17 men at Appomattox.
- Commanded by Captains Cornelius T. Allen and Samuel W. Hawthorne.
- AKA - Allen's Company, Virginia Heavy Artillery
- This page was last modified on 23 December 2015, at 04:39.
- This page has been accessed 225 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News