Virginia's Lurty BatteryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in October 1863, with transfers from other artillery companies.
- The unit served in western Virginia, fought at Lewisburg, and in November contained 5 officers and 43 men.
- Later it was assigned to W. J. Jackson's Cavalry Brigade, Department of Western Virginia, and in February 1864, totaled 66 effectives.
- The battery then participated in Early's operations in the Shenandoah Valley as part of the Horse Artillery.
- During the spring of 1865 it disbanded.
- Captain Warren S. Lurty was its commander.
- This page was last modified on 3 November 2010, at 14:19.
- This page has been accessed 114 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback