Virginia's Lurty BatteryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in October 1863, with transfers from other artillery companies.
- The unit served in western Virginia, fought at Lewisburg, and in November contained 5 officers and 43 men.
- Later it was assigned to W. J. Jackson's Cavalry Brigade, Department of Western Virginia, and in February 1864, totaled 66 effectives.
- The battery then participated in Early's operations in the Shenandoah Valley as part of the Horse Artillery.
- During the spring of 1865 it disbanded.
- Captain Warren S. Lurty was its commander.
- This page was last modified on 3 November 2010, at 14:19.
- This page has been accessed 255 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News