Virginia's Southside Light ArtilleryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized in January 1862
- It was assigned to the 2nd Regiment Virginia Artillery and when that unit disbanded, it became an independent command.
- For a time the battery was unattached, then it served in the Department of North Carolina and Southern Virginia and later the Department of Richmond.
- It participated in various conflicts around Suffolk and in the siege operations against Petersburg. However, much of its service was at Drewry's Bluff.
- Converted to infantry, the company ended the war at Appomattox. Where 1 officer and 67 men surrendered.
- Commanders were Captains John W. Brewry and James B. Jones.
- AKA - Drewry's Company, Virginia Artillery
Men from Chesterfield County
- This page was last modified on 3 November 2010, at 15:15.
- This page has been accessed 455 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News