Virginia's United Light Artillery (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Organized as infantry and attached to the 41st Regiment.
- During April 1862, it was transferred to the artillery and assigned to the 19th Battalion Virginia Artillery.
- In June it was detached and placed in the Richmond defenses. The company was active north and south of the James River and ended the war at Appomattox with 1 officer and 29 men.
- Captain Thomas Kevill was in command.
- AKA - Kevill's Company, Virginia Artillery
All of its members were recruited in Norfolk County.
- This page was last modified on 29 April 2011, at 20:20.
- This page has been accessed 179 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More