Württemberg-Königreich (kingdom) Archives and LibrariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Landeskirchliches Archiv Stuttgart
The Landeskirchliches Archiv in Stuttgart has many records of Württemberg in their possession. However, they will not do extensive research for patrons. They will provide you with a list of professional genealogists that can be hired for your family research project.
This is what you can accomplish through the above mentioned archive:
Click on the link below:
This link takes you to the Landeskirchliches Archiv in Stuttgart. Information that can be found at this site includes:
- Documents of the administration of the church in Württemberg
- Private estate holdings of deceased and their collections
- Churchbook originals 1558-1875
- Churchbook duplicates 1808-1875
- Some churchbooks from former Yugoslavia 1807-1954, 103 volumes
- Historical atlases from Baden-Württemberg
- Diocese Archive church records 1310-1966
- Special edition/collection items (historical, village, region or church, photos, letters, plans, memorabilia
- Database of parish holdings (record lists with time periods by locality)
- Village lineage books
Here is a list of district archives which house the records of the older administrations of Württemberg (click on name of archive and then on Beständeübersicht to look at the holdings)
- This page was last modified on 7 September 2012, at 17:15.
- This page has been accessed 1,057 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More