Wainfleet St Thomas, LincolnshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WAINFLEET, (St. Thomas) a market-town and a parish in the union of Spilsby, Marsh division of the wapentake of Candleshoe, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 39½ miles (E. S. E.) from Lincoln, and 128 (N. by E.) from London. There is a burial ground, but no remains of the church. The Society of Friends and the Wesleyans have places of worship.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Material deposited at Lincolnshire Archives,
St Rumbold Street
Enquiries: email@example.com The website enables you to view a PDF file for all records held for each parish as part of continuing efforts to provide an online catalogue.
Link to the Family History Library Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Wainfleet St Thomas
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438769. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Lincolnshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- This page was last modified on 4 October 2013, at 01:40.
- This page has been accessed 324 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More