Wales, Denbighshire, Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes a collection of historical records available at FamilySearch.org.|
Access the records: Wales, Denbighshire, Parish Registers, 1538-1912 .
This collection contains baptisms, marriages, and burials from parishes in Denbighshire. This collection was done in cooperation with FindMyPast, and a full version of the index can be found at findmypast. The collection covers the years 1538 to 1912.
For additional information about the history, content, and use of these records see the wiki article Wales Parish Registers (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Baptism records usually contain the following information:
- Date and Place of Baptism
- Given Name of Child
- Date and Place of Birth
- Parents' Names and Occupation of Father
- Legitimacy of Child and Parents
- Names of Godparents
Marriage records usually contain the following information:
- Date and Place of Marriage
- Groom's Age, Marital Status, Occupation and Residence
- Names of Groom's Parents, including Maiden Name of Mother
- Bride's Age, Marital Status, Occupation and Residence
- Names of Bride's Parents, including Maiden Name of Mother
- Birthplaces of Bride and Groom
- Witnesses' Names, Age and Occupation
Burial records usually contain the following information:
- Date and Place of Death and Burial
- Name and Age of Deceased
- Cause of Death
- Father of Deceased and his Occupation
- Date and Birthplace of Deceased
- Marital Status of Deceased
- If Married, the Name of the Spouse
How to Use the Record
As you are searching it is helpful to know such information as your ancestor’s given name and surname, some identifying information such as residence and age, and family relationships. Remember that there may be more than one person in the records with the same name as your ancestor and that your ancestor may have used nicknames or different names at different times.
Search the Collection
To search by index:
To search the collection fill in the requested information in the boxes on the initial search page. This search will return a list of possible matches. Compare the information about the individuals in the list to what you already know about your ancestors to determine if this is the correct family or person. You may need to look at the information on several individuals comparing the information about them to your ancestors to make this determination.
For tips about searching on-line collections see the on-line video at FamilySearch Search Tips and Tricks.
|FHL Place Wales, Denbighshire items or FHL Keyword Wales, Denbighshire items in the FamilySearch Library Catalog. For other libraries (local and national) or to gain access to items of interest, see Wales Archives and Libraries.|
Related Wiki Articles
How You Can Contribute
| We welcome user additions to FamilySearch Historical Records wiki articles. We are looking for additional information that will help readers understand the topic and better use the available records. We also need translations for collection titles and images in articles about records written in languages other than English. For specific needs, please visit WikiProject FamilySearch Records. |
Please follow these guidelines as you make changes. Thank you for any contributions you may provide.
Citations for This Collection
Citing your sources makes it easy for others to find and evaluate the records you used. When you copy information from a record, list where you found that information. Here you can find citations already created for the entire collection and for each individual record or image.
- "Wales, Denbighshire, Parish Registers, 1538-1912." Database. FamilySearch. http://FamilySearch.org : accessed 2015. Citing The National Archives of the UK, Kew, Surrey, England.
Record citation (or citation for the index entry):
|The citation for a record is available with each record in this collection, at the bottom of the record screen. You can search records in this collection by visiting the search page for Wales, Denbighshire, Parish Registers, 1538-1912.|
- This page was last modified on 2 September 2015, at 19:24.
- This page has been accessed 1,981 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News