Walsham-le-Willows, Suffolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Stow PLU|
|Parish registers: 1539|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1560|
|Diocese||Pre-1837 - Norwich; Post-1836 - Ely|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Sudbury|
|Location of Archive|
|Suffolk Record Office|
WALSHAM-LE-WILLOWS (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Stow, hundred of Blackbourn, W. division of Suffolk, 4½ miles (E. by N.) from Ixworth. Here are places of worship for Baptists, Independents, and Wesleyans. 
If you live in Suffolk you will have access to a variety of resources at local archives and libraries. For those who live further afield, one can access microfilm and online records at LDS Family History Centres. Refer to and in the FamilySearch Catalogue for available records.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Walsham-le-Willows, Suffolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Walsham-le-Willows, Suffolk Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Parish Registers began in the 1500's. They can be viewed at the Suffolk Record Office. There are Bishop Transcripts and Parish Registers that have been filmed for most parishes in the County. See the Suffolk Church Records article for further details.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Suffolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Lewis,Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 444-449. Date accessed: 09 October 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index (1813-37) Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 9 December 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Baptism Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk Marriage Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Suffolk "Early" Burial Index Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 6 December 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Suffolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 10 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 4 December 2013.
- This page was last modified on 24 May 2015, at 01:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,302 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News