Warwick St Mary, Warwickshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Warwick St Mary, Warwickshire|
|Poor Law Union||Warwick PLU|
|Parish registers: 1651|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1611|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
Warwick,is a borough and market-town, it is in the hundred of Kington, Warwickshire, of which it is the chief town. The town comprises the parish of St. Mary, and that of St. Nicholas, and St. Paul. St. Mary's church, was destroyed but rebuilt in 1704. There are places of worship for Baptists, the Society of Friends, Independents, Wesleyans, and Unitarians; and a Roman Catholic chapel at Hampton Cottage, Grove Park.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Warwick St Mary, Warwickshire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|AC = Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (Ancestry) - (£).|
|Warwick St Mary, Warwickshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464188.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 11 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1535-1812,', Ancestry, accessed 13 June 2014.
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 1 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 15 July 2014.
- This page was last modified on 6 May 2015, at 00:34.
- This page has been accessed 1,737 times.