Warwick St Paul, Warwickshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Warwick St Paul, Warwickshire|
|Poor Law Union||Warwick PLU|
|Parish registers: 1651|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1611|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Worcester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Warwickshire County Record Office|
Warwick,is a borough and market-town, it is in the hundred of Kington, Warwickshire, of which it is the chief town. There is a district church that is dedicated to St. Paul, and is in St. Mary's parish, was consecrated in July 1844. There are places of worship for Baptists, the Society of Friends, Independents, Wesleyans, and Unitarians; and a Roman Catholic chapel at Hampton Cottage, Grove Park.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
|AC = Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials (Ancestry) - (£).|
|Warwick St Paul, Warwickshire Genealogy Online Parish Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464188.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Warwickshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted 11 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1535-1812,', Ancestry, accessed 13 June 2014.
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 1 July 2014.
- ↑ 'Warwickshire, England, Marriages and Banns, 1754-1910,', Ancestry, accessed 15 July 2014.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:45.
- This page has been accessed 822 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More