Waycross Georgia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
- 2095 Central Ave Extension Waycross GA 31501 United States
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Register for classes by calling Linda Cripe, Family History Center Director 912-816-0026
or Richard Cripe, Asst. Family History Center Director 912-337-3780
Family History Consultant Training Tuesday, January 13,2015 10am-12
Family Tree Laptop Class beginning January 14, 2015
Wednesday mornings from 10-12 at the Waycross Family History Center for six weeks
- Bring your laptop with you if you have one"
Family History Center "Memories"
This class is designed to learn how to use the "Memories" section of Family Tree. The class will be held the 22nd of January 2015 from 6;30-8:30pm Bring a short paragraph about one of your ancestors.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2015, at 23:20.
- This page has been accessed 686 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More