West Surrey Family History SocietyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|West Surrey Family History Society|
|Address||21 Sheppard Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG21 3HT, England|
According to their website their objectives "shall collect, index, co-ordinate, publish and make accessible in the interests of genealogy any documents or records...promote the preservation of such documents and records, to encourage the study of genealogy..." see website
The West Surrey Family History Society
Following services available online:
- Transcriptions of Surrey records for sale
- Links to other great Surrey history and genealogy websites
- Parish map of Surrey
- Publications for sale
- On-going projects
- Quarterly magazine
Services to Society Members
Includes the following:
- Free subscriptions to Root and Branch' Quarterly Journal.
- Online genealogical databases
- Monumental inscriptions
- Miscellaneous indexes and resources
- Journals from other societies
- Indexes of Surrey surname interests
- Other benefits
Benefits of Membership in Local Family History Societies
The following advantages and benefits of joining a local family history society will help you extend your pedigree and grow your knowledge and research skills in each England county:
- One of the best ways to discover other (distant) relatives, with whom to collaborate on family lines.
- Learn about events and local history which directly affected your ancestors.
- Know how/what effective search strategies and other critical approaches to employ in your research.
- Obtain numerous ideas for helping you overcome brickwalls in constructing your genealogy.
- Learn about, use, help create critical products being compiled by each society, such as transcribing or indexing churchyard, marriage, baptism, census, military, occupation, and etc records of the area or county, perhaps even helping to build data content for your parish[es] of interest (i.e.index) if desired.
- Purchase books, CDs, microfiche, or the services of knowledgeable and experienced local residents to perform "lookup" services for all those researching ancestry from remote areas around the world.
- Share/publish your ancestral surnames of interests for others to view and respond with help and assistance in various ways.
- This page was last modified on 15 August 2013, at 06:18.
- This page has been accessed 973 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News