West Virginia Will Books (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the talk page to post your comments.
NOTE: For a way to determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection or how to find missing images elsewhere, see Article 56000, Using Film Notes in the Catalog to determine the content of a final browse point in Historical Records.
NOTE: The title of this collection indicates that records extend through 1971; however, current privacy laws restrict publication of records beyond 1970.
Question #1: Images 165-193 in the Will Book Volume 4, 1815-1858 for Pendleton County have a crease causing the records to be illegible near the line. Is a better copy of this image available?
Answer #1: No. This flaw was created during the filming of the original records and is visible on the online images as well as the film. A copy of the original record might be obtained by contacting the West Virginia State Archives.
Question #2: Will books Volume 01, 1822-1880 and Volume 02. 1788-1794 in Harrison County are mislabeled. What records do these volumes contain?
Answer #2: Volume 01, 1822-1880 actually contains an index and wills from 1822-1880. Volume 02 1788-1794 contains two volumes of wills. Volume 1 covers the years 1788-1794 and Volume 2 contains wills for the years 1807-1821.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: West Virginia, Will Books, 1756-1971 > Barbour > Will book, v. 001 1/2 1846-1882 > Image 1 of 42.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows 7 and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the West Virginia Will Books (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page.
Return to the West Virginia, Will Books, 1756-1971 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 07:26.
- This page has been accessed 795 times.