West Walton, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|West Walton, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Wisbech PLU|
|Parish records: 1662|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
WALTON, WEST (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Wisbech, hundred of Freebridge-Marshland, W. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (N. by E.) from Wisbech. There are places of worship forIndependents and Primitive Methodists.  Also includes or known as Ingleborough.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
West Walton, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|West Walton, Norfolk Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438858.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: West Walton on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 453-457. Date accessed: 05August 2013.
- ↑ Pat Newby, "Norfolk: Towns and Parishes", GenUKI
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:59.
- This page has been accessed 418 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback