Whitney Ridge Plantation, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes says Whitney Ridge Plantation was formed for election purposes from Township 5 R8 (West of the Easterly Line of the State) in 1860. Since then, it has reverted to the status of an unorganized territory.
Further, in Penobscot County there is a township called Whitney also known as Pukakon or Township 5 R1 (North of Bingham's Penobscot Purchase) Based on the township number this would appear to be a separate locality on the opposite side of the county.
- ↑ Michael J. Leclerc, Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research, 5th ed. (Boston, Mass.: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2012), 154. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974 D27g 2012.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 108 (digital p. 117). A digital version is available via a link in the FamilySearch Catalog.
- ↑ Township of Pukakon (T5 R1 NBPP), Penobscot County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 4 September 2013).
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 04:08.
- This page has been accessed 763 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News