Wicklewood, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Wicklewood, Norfolk ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Forehoe PLU|
|Parish registers: 1561|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
WICKLEWOOD, a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 3 miles (W. N. W.) from Wymondham. 
Wicklewood St Andrew and All Saints is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Forehoe 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
Wicklewood, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Wicklewood, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 130/1-8, 64
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438856.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Wicklewood on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 565-567. Date accessed: 06 August 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ 'National Burial Index - Norfolk Coverage,' findmypast (WayBack Machine), accessed 16 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 22:33.
- This page has been accessed 1,684 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More