Wikiproject: Swedish OccupationsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The Swedish Occupations WikiProject is focused on building a great resource of occupational definitions for Swedish family history research in the FamilySearch Wiki.
Understanding a persons occupation as it is written in a record is an important step in your family history research. Knowing the occupation helps to:
- Establish ancestral identity
- Identify research strategy
- Enrich the family history of the ancestor
Participation with this WikiProject
Anyone can help with the writing of occupations on the Swedish Occupations page.
1. Sign into the FamilySearch Wiki
2. Go to the Portal: Sweden page. Click on the link Occupations found under the Topics on the right side of the screen.
3. Once you are on the Swedish Occupations page, you will see a large table with Swedish occupations listed down the left side of the table. Browse over the list and choose the occupation you would like to work on. You can use the references at the bottom of the page to find reliable definitions in Swedish.
4. Look up the occupation in reliable sources (preferably Swedish sources.) After reading multiple sources, you are ready to write a concise definition into English.
5. Click on Edit this page to the right of the name of the page. You will see a table appear in the edit screen. Scroll to the occupational word you are working on and click 1 time on the empty field in the respective English column.
6. Write a concise definition in English.
7. Add the source citations among the references.
8. Click "Save Page" when you are done.
- Once you click on "Edit" a timer begins a count down of about 20 minutes. If the count down times out before you click "Save Page" you will loose your work. To avoid loosing your work:
- Click "Save Page" occasionally
- Copy your work to the clipboard before saving
- Work offline in a program like Word and then paste it into the Swedish Occupations page.
Participating Swedish User Group Members
Project Leaders: MorrisGF, Add Contributor
Look at the Swedish Occupations table to see the WikiProject progress.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 05:27.
- This page has been accessed 2,064 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News