Williamsport Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our center is located in the Church of Jesus Christ of LDS building. Closest access is through the north parking lot entrance. Our center has 3 PC's with free access to several premium research sites such as Ancestry.com. We have microfilm readers with imaging/printing capability. We maintain limited microfilm/fische that primarily cover surrounding areas. Additional film can be borrowed on-line from the extensive collection of the FamilySearch Catalog (links near the bottom of this page). On-line film loans will result in the microfilm being sent to our center and held there for your use during open hours.
Center Contacts and Hours
- (Link to map using Google
- 82 Rader Ave., Cogan Station, PA 17728 United States
- Wednesday:6:00pm-8:30 pm
- Other possible time - by appointment
Holiday Schedule:closed on holidays
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the vast FamilySearch Catalog.
- A limited random selection of microfilm covering census and other vital records from various surrounding counties and states.
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- 3 PC's connected to the internet and a laser printer
- Laser printer / scanner / copier
- Canon Microprinter 90 (microfilm / fische viewer printer)
- Northwest 20 20 microfilm viewer
- Digital camera imaging kit
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 1 October 2014, at 14:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,110 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More