Wilson's Regiment, Tennessee CavalryEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Tennessee in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Tennessee in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Tennessee, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Lindsley, John Berrien, The Military Annals of Tennessee – Confederate First Series, Embracing A Review of Military Operations, with Regimental Histories and Memorial Rolls, Compiled from Original and Official Sources, (Nashville: J.M. Lindsley & Co. Publishers; 1886).Online at Internet Archive, (accessed 3 Sep 2011). Memorial rolls for the Sixteenth Tennessee Cavalry begins on page 735.
- Tennesseans in the Civil War, 21st (Wilson's) Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, (accessed 29 Dec 2011).
- The 21st (Wilson's) Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, (accessed 29 Dec 2011). A brief history, field officers, battles, and links to rosters included.
- ↑ Greg Shields The 21st (Wilson's) Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, (accessed 29 Dec 2011).
- ↑ National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:44.
- This page has been accessed 555 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More