Wiltshire Probate Jurisdictions, Parishes H-KEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is a list of Wiltshire parishes beginning letters H-K with the pre-1858 courts that had probate jurisdiction over each. To go to another letter, click on the letter for a parish of interest.
The courts listed for each place are those that had jurisdiction over probating wills prior to 1858. To use this table, follow these steps.
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. If the record still isn't found, search the records for the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:50.
- This page has been accessed 1,204 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News