Wooldridge's Company of Mounted Riflemen, Texas Cavalry (Confederate)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Wooldridge's Company was formed 4 May 1861 as a volunteer company of Mounted Riflemen. Captain S. D. Wooldridge commanding.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Texas in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Texas in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Texas, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 William Harley Gandy, A History of Montgomery County, Texas, (Houston, Texas: University of Houston - Thesis, 1962), pages 164-165. Internet Archives, (accessed 24 April 2013)
- This page was last modified on 24 April 2013, at 14:33.
- This page has been accessed 132 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback