Worthenbury, WrexhamEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
A guide to genealogy in Worthenbury, with information on where to find birth, baptism, marriage, death and burial records; census records; wills; cemeteries; maps; etc.
Worthenbury was originally chapelry in the parish of Bangor is y Coed. In 1658, during the Commonwealth Period, it became a parish in its own right, however, in 1661, following the Restoration, this was declared invalid. In 1689, Sir Roger Puleston, of the Puleston family of Emral Hall, long-associated with the area, obtained an Act of Parliament and Worthenbury became a separate parish again.
Until 1541 the parish was in the English Diocese of Lichfield, when it was transferred to the newly created English Diocese of Chester. In 1849, it was transferred to the Welsh Diocese of St. Asaph, where it remains today.
|before 31 March 1974||Flintshire (detached)|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Wrexham|
The following registers have been deposited at the Flintshire Record Office in Hawarden:
| 1597 - 1749
1755 - 1936
| 1598 - 1749
1754 - 1970
| 1597 - 1749|
1755 - 1939
- Bishop's Transcripts of all registers from 1850 to 1876 have been deposited in the National Library, Aberystwyth.
- The Clwyd Family History Society have published several volumes of the parish registers.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 104269.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 3 February 2015, at 00:18.
- This page has been accessed 1,503 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News