Wychbold, Worcestershire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Wychbold, Worcestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
Wychbold, hamlet, 2½ miles NE. of Droitwich, Worcestershire; P.O.; Wychbold Hall, seat, is in vicinity. A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wychbold has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Wychavon.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- findmypast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Worcestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Worcester Branch of the Birmingham and Midland Society for Genealogy and Heraldry
Add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2016, at 22:42.
- This page has been accessed 1,226 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News