York Holy Trinity Heworth, Yorkshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Heworth or Heworth Village Holy Trinity is an Ecclesisatical Parish formed from parts of York St Cuthbert, Yorkshire York St Olave with St Giles .The village and civil parish of Heworth is part of the unitary authority of the City of York Heworth York Wikipedia
The church of Holy Trinity was built in 1869 and has been designated as a grade II listed building British listed building
Records from York Registration District held at York are included in the online index available at Yorkshire BMD for post 1837 events; view the coverage table to check progress on the availability of index search.
- Church of England marriages.
- Civil Marriages at register offices, or non-conformist churches where a registrar was required to be present at the ceremony.
- Authorised Person marriages. These cover the non-conformist places of worship which applied to keep their own registers as a result of the Marriage Act, 1898 (bringing them into line with Jewish and Quaker marriages which had this status since 1837). In such cases an 'Authorised Person' (usually the minister or priest) recorded the ceremony instead of the registrar. Earlier weddings in these places would be included with civil marriage registers.
A secondary index of Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD however this secondary index may omit the event and may not contain the detail of the Yorkshire BMD index
To find the names of the neighbouring parishes, use England Jurisdictions 1851. In this site, search for the name of the parish, click on the location "pin", click Options and click List contiguous parishes.
Contributor: Include here information for parish registers, Bishop's Transcripts, nonconformist and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records.
The Genealogical Society of Utah has no microfilm of parish registers or records York Heworth Census
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Yorkshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: Add any relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- This page was last modified on 12 March 2015, at 18:39.
- This page has been accessed 605 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News