Yorkshire Probate Jurisdictions for Parishes Beginning with HEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is a list of Yorkshire parishes beginning with the letters Ha through Hi and the pre-1858 courts that had probate jurisdiction over them. Note: Due to the large number of parishes beginning with H, some rows in the table below contain the names of more than one parish if the court jurisdictions are the same.
For other parishes, click on a letter link:
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. If the record still isn't found, search the records for the Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York.
5. The last court to search is the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2015, at 23:27.
- This page has been accessed 1,367 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News