Yorkshire Probate Jurisdictions for Parishes Beginning with Mi through MyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is a list of Yorkshire parishes beginning with the letters Mi through My and the pre-1858 courts that had probate jurisdiction over them. For other parishes, click on a letter link:
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. If the record still isn't found, search the records for the Exchequer and Prerogative Courts of the Archbishop of York.
5. The last court to search is the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 11 January 2016, at 23:50.
- This page has been accessed 977 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News