Yorkshire Probate Jurisdictions for Parishes Beginning with Wh through WyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Here is a list of Yorkshire parishes beginning with the letter W and the pre-1858 courts that had probate jurisdiction over them. For other parishes, click on a letter link:
1. In the first column, find the place where your ancestor lived.
2. In the second column, click on the court name to learn where to find the records and indexes.
3. If the record isn't found in the primary court, search the records for the secondary courts in the order listed.
4. The last court to search is the Prerogative Court of the Archbishop of Canterbury.
If no will is found, your ancestor may not have left one.
- This page was last modified on 5 May 2010, at 16:27.
- This page has been accessed 504 times.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here